Thank you for your interest in the City of Dryden. We are an equal-opportunity employer that encourages applications from all qualified individuals. To apply for any of our job opportunities, you must submit your application through our online application submission portal, below. You can view step-by-step instructions in our How to Apply for Job Postings section.If you have any questions or experience difficulty in submitting an application, please contact Human Resources at 807-223-1119.
Health & Safety Coordinator
|Open Date||Oct 01 2019 - 09:06:00 AM||Close Date||Oct 15 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Health & Safety Coordinator||Posting Type||Permanent Full-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Health & Safety Coordinator||Hours per Week||40.0 Regular Hours|
|Department||Dryden Fire Service||Openings||1|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Dryden|
|Salary Range||$70,470.40 - $82,451.20 Annually|
Reporting to the Fire Chief and the Manager of Human Resources, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the municipal and fire department health & safety programs. The incumbent will:
- Coordinate the municipal and fire department health & safety programs, including such things as the coordination of workplace inspections, facilitating joint health and safety committees, coordinating respiratory protection programs and the development, delivery and evaluation of health & safety training programs and initiatives
- Assist with the development of policies, procedures and standard operating guidelines
- Research industry standards, trends and new skills, including recommendation of and introduction to new equipment, revised guidelines and/or procedures
- Specific to the fire department, provide operational support at emergency incidents
- Secondary School Diploma plus an additional programme (topic relevant to the duties of this position) of up to one year (or equivalent) would be an asset.
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification Level 1 (or ability to achieve certification within 1 year).
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification Level 2 (or ability to achieve certification within 1 year).
- Fire Workplace Hazard Specific training (or ability to achieve certification within 2 years).
- Experience working in the municipal sector (preferred).
- Valid Class “D” Ontario Driver’s License with “Z” Air Brake endorsement (or the ability to obtain within 2 years).
- Coordinate fire service-related health & safety programs such as; firefighter rehabilitation, respiratory protection, hygiene and decontamination, infection control and PPE inspection, care and maintenance programs.
- Strong leadership skills along with well-developed analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Conduct health & safety orientations and health & safety related training for new staff.
- Capacity to work independently with little on-going supervision.
- Demonstrated personal commitment to professional development and the continuity of skills, knowledge and ability in fields related to delivery of fire and emergency services.
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety requirements and Fire Service Section 21 Guidance notes.
Interested persons are to submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications and experience by clicking on the "Apply Now" button below.
Alternately, cover letters and resumes may be e-mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Information contained on this form is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. Questions with respect to the collection of personal information should be addressed to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator, City of Dryden, 30 Van Horne Avenue, Dryden, ON P8N 2A7 (807) 223-1125.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Manager of Human Resources, or designate.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.