Thank you for your interest in the City of Dryden. We are an equal-opportunity employer that encourages applications from all qualified individuals. To apply for any of our job opportunities, you must submit your application through our online application submission portal, below. You can view step-by-step instructions in our How to Apply for Job Postings section.If you have any questions or experience difficulty in submitting an application, please contact Human Resources at 807-223-1119.
Casual Crossing Guards
|Open Date||Aug 02 2019 - 08:00:00 AM||Close Date||Aug 23 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Casual Crossing Guards||Posting Type||Casual|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Term - Monday to Friday as per the School Calendar until June 28, 2019|
|Department Group||Crossing Guard||Hours per Week||Vary|
|Education||High School||Company||Dryden Police Service|
School Crossing Guards assist crosswalk users in safely crossing the road with a focus on elementary school children. There are two types of crossing guards; those who have assigned locations and crossing guards who work at any given location within specific areas of the City of Dryden. Number of hours per day range from 2 – 3, with two shifts per day (morning and afternoon).
- balance traffic flow and pedestrian flow with a focus on children’s safety;
- exercise sound judgement and determine safe gaps in traffic to allow pedestrians to cross;
- communicate clearly and effectively to crosswalk users regarding safe crossing practices;
- oversee the safe conduct of children when approaching, using and leaving the crosswalk area
- work school days in split shifts surrounding school bells (excluding P.A. Days and school holidays)
- a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required;
- possess general alertness and be extremely observant of surroundings;
- possess courteous and pleasant demeanor and have the ability to interact effectively with children, pedestrians, school staff and other patrons;
- able to endure the elements and withstand varying weather conditions;
- have good vision, hearing and sure footing;
- have a very flexible and open schedule during the day, Monday through Friday;
- able to commit to employment that runs for the duration of the school year;
- able to stand for an extended period of time while carrying and raising a stop paddle at shoulder height;
- must have First Aid/CPR or the ability to obtain;
- ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
Interested applicants are to sumbit a cover letter including two (2) references with contact information, and resume detailing experience and qualifications via the link below.
Alternately, applicants may e-mail them to email@example.com prior to posting closing at 4:00 p.m., Friday, August 23rd, 2019.
Personal Information contained on this form is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Executive Assistant, or designate.