Thank you for your interest in the City of Dryden. We are an equal-opportunity employer that encourages applications from all qualified individuals. To apply for any of our job opportunities, you must submit your application through our online application submission portal, below. You can view step-by-step instructions in the "How to Apply for Job Postings" section. If you have any questions or experience difficulty in submitting an application, please contact the Human Resources Manager at 807-223-1119.
Term Caretaker/Maintenance Person
|Open Date||May 03 2021 - 08:01:00 AM||Close Date||May 17 2021 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Term Caretaker/Maintenance Person||Posting Type||Term|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Term|
|Department Group||Term Caretaker/Maintenance Person||Hours per Week||40.0|
|Education||High School Diploma||Experience||1 years|
|Salary Range||$21.84 - $24.26 per hour|
Term Caretaker/Maintenance Person
This is a term position anticipated to last 5 - 6 months.
Internal Applicant: first 30 days worked at current job rate then adjusted to $24.26/hr. with benefits as per IBEW.
External Applicant: first 30 days worked at $21.84/hr. then adjusted to $24.26/hr. with benefits as per the Employment Standards Act.
Under the supervision of the Asset and Facilities Manager, or designate, ensures that City facilities and respective grounds are clean, safe and accessible at all times, performing minor maintenance as required. Working eight (8) hour days Monday to Friday with the possibility of working evenings or weekends as required for project scheduling. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Painting, Scraping and Grinding surfaces.
- Deep Cleaning with Pressure washer and hand tools
- Light Mortar Repair as instructed by the employer
- Measuring windows for replacement
- Caulking, including roofing seams and window casings
- Parging of concrete and tuckpointing of mortar between bricks
- Jackhammering, shovelling as instructed by employer
- Some working at heights, with training provided by employer
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Mechanical/Maintenance skills
- One (1) year previous experience in related field
- Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds (cleaning supplies and equipment)
- Highly developed communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to operate and use Microsoft applications
- Demonstrated courteous and polite manner when dealing with employee groups and general public
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision
- Up to date training on WHMIS and CPR-First Aid (or ability to obtain)
- Have and maintain valid driver’s license
- Clean criminal background check (prior to start date at candidate’s expense)
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter with resume outlining qualifications and experience as well as three references with permission to contact by 4:00 p.m., Monday, May 17th, 2021, by email to email@example.com , faxed to (807) 223-6141 or mailed/delivered to Human Resources, 30 Van Horne Avenue, Dryden, ON P8N 2A7, e-mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (807) 223-6141
Personal Information contained on this form is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. Questions with respect to the collection of personal information should be addressed to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator, City of Dryden, 30 Van Horne Avenue, Dryden, ON P8N 2A7 or call (807) 223-1125.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Human Resources Manager, or designate.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.