Thank you for your interest in the City of Dryden. We are an equal-opportunity employer that encourages applications from all qualified individuals. To apply for any of our job opportunities, you must submit your application through our online application submission portal, below. You can view step-by-step instructions in our How to Apply for Job Postings section.If you have any questions or experience difficulty in submitting an application, please contact Human Resources at 807-223-1119.
|Open Date||Feb 07 2018||Close Date||Mar 02 2018|
|Position Title||Casual Relief Janitor||Posting Type||Casual|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Relief|
|Department Group||Facilities Management||Hours per Week||Only as required/needed|
|Education||High School||Experience||1 - 2 years|
Casual Relief Janitor
Under the supervision of the Facilities Coordinator, ensures that the assigned facilities and respective grounds are clean, safe and accessible at all times: performs minor maintenance; Required on an as needed basis to cover for the full time staff during vacation and illness periods and/or as additional support; hours of work will be 5:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., any day(s) of the week from Sunday to Saturday.
- Grade 12 Diploma
- One (1) year previous experience in related field
- Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds (cleaning supplies, equipment, snow removal)
- Highly developed communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to operate and use Microsoft applications
- Demonstrated courteous and polite manner when dealing with employee groups and general public
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision
- Up to date training on WHMIS and CPR-First Aid (or ability to obtain)
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license
- Clean criminal background check (prior to start date at candidate’s expense)
Hourly Wage: Janitor $ 18.53/hr. (90% of job rate) with benefits as per the Employment Standards Act.
Apply online by submitting a detailed resume and cover letter including three references with permission to contact.
Personal Information contained on this form is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. Questions with respect to the collection of personal information should be addressed to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator, City of Dryden, 30 Van Horne Avenue, Dryden, ON P8N 2A7 or contact at (807) 223-1125.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Manager of Human Resources or designate.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.