Thank you for your interest in the City of Dryden. We are an equal-opportunity employer that encourages applications from all qualified individuals. To apply for any of our job opportunities, you must submit your application through our online application submission portal, below. You can view step-by-step instructions in our How to Apply for Job Postings section.If you have any questions or experience difficulty in submitting an application, please contact Human Resources at 807-223-1119.
Fire Training Officer
|Open Date||Sep 25 2019 - 02:20:00 PM||Close Date||Oct 09 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||Fire Training Officer||Posting Type||Permanent Full-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Fire Training Officer||Hours per Week||40.0|
|Department||Dryden Fire Service||Openings||1|
|Education||High School||Company||City of Dryden|
|Salary Range||$70,470.40 - $82,451.20 Annually|
Full time permanent position with benefits as per City policy and salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Reporting to the Fire Chief, the incumbent will; Develop and deliver and/or coordinate and evaluate all fire department training programs. Assist with the development of standard operating guidelines and procedures. Research industry standards, trends and new skills, including recommendation of and introduction to new equipment, revised guidelines and/or procedures. Provide operational support to the Incident Commander at the scene of major incidents.
1. High School graduation plus any additional programs (adult education or other topic relevant to the duties of this position) of up to one year (or equivalent) would be an asset
2. NFPA 1041 - Fire Instructor II Certification, or ability to achieve certification within 3 years
3. NFPA 1521 – Incident Safety Officer, or ability to achieve certification within 3 years
4. Ontario Fire College firefighter or company officer certification, would be an asset
5. Certification as an instructor, in any of the following disciplines would be an asset:
- Pumper Operations
- Firefighter survival & rescue / RIT
- CPR instructor
- First aid instructor
6. Ontario Fire College trainer/facilitator and/or associate instructor
7. Valid Class “D” Ontario Driver’s License with “Z” Air Brake endorsement.
8. Demonstrated ability to prepare lectures, demonstrations, lesson plans, training aids and manuals
9. Strong presentation and communication skills (both oral and written)
10. Strong leadership skills along with well-developed analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
11. Working knowledge of standard computer software programs
12. Capacity to work independently with little on-going supervision
13. Demonstrated personal commitment to professional development and the continuity of skills, knowledge and ability in fields related to delivery of fire and emergency services.
14. Sound knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety requirements and Section 21 Guidance notes.
15. Good working knowledge of relevant legislation including, but not limited to, the Highway Traffic Act, Fire Prevention & Protection Act and Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Interested persons are to submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualifications and experience by clicking on the "Apply Now" button below.
Alternately, cover letters and resumes may be e-mailed directly to email@example.com
Personal Information contained on this form is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. Questions with respect to the collection of personal information should be addressed to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator, City of Dryden, 30 Van Horne Avenue, Dryden, ON P8N 2A7 (807) 223-1125.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Manager of Human Resources, or designate.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.