Thank you for your interest in the City of Dryden. We are an equal-opportunity employer that encourages applications from all qualified individuals. To apply for any of our job opportunities, you must submit your application through our online application submission portal, below. You can view step-by-step instructions in our How to Apply for Job Postings section.If you have any questions or experience difficulty in submitting an application, please contact Human Resources at 807-223-1119.
|Open Date||Feb 13 2019 - 02:05:00 PM||Close Date||Mar 22 2019 - 04:00:00 PM|
|Position Title||GIS Analyst||Posting Type||Permanent Full-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Information Technology||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||5 - 10 years|
The City of Dryden, Ontario is located approximately equal distance between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg on the Trans Canada Highway. The City of Dryden is seeking a qualified GIS Analyst to serve as the primary support resource for the municipality’s Geographical Information System (GIS).
Reporting to the IT Manager, the successful candidate will provide day to day GIS support and training to all municipal departments and GIS end users. The GIS Analyst is responsible for the development and maintenance of GIS web applications, GIS geodatabases, and GIS related software. The successful candidate will be responsible to perform data collection, spatial analysis and reporting, and map creation to support projects and data studies.
Desired qualifications include:
- Degree or diploma from an accredited program in GIS;
- 5+ years of experience in a GIS-related position, municipal experience would be considered an asset;
- Extensive proficiency of ESRI GIS software, ArcGIS 10.x, including ArcGIS Server, ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox and extensions, and ArcGIS Online;
- Demonstrated experience with GIS data collection and the use of GPS enabled collection devices;
- Experience with the creation and maintenance of SQL geodatabases. Microsoft SQL Server is desirable;
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Design Premium Suite and Windows server operating systems. Experience supporting these systems would be considered an asset;
- Good organizational skills, initiative and ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision;
- Strong customer service focus;
- Good interpersonal skills; Excellent written and oral communications skills, and
- Clean driver’s abstract, and must have and maintain a valid Class ‘G’ driver’s license.
Salary to commensurate with qualifications, education and experience. Closing date is 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 22, 2019.
Personal Information contained on this form is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. Questions with respect to the collection of personal information should be addressed to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator, City of Dryden, 30 Van Horne Avenue, Dryden, ON P8N 2A7 or contact at (807) 223-1125.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Manager of Human Resources or designate.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.