Thank you for your interest in the City of Dryden. We are an equal-opportunity employer that encourages applications from all qualified individuals. To apply for any of our job opportunities, you must submit your application through our online application submission portal, below. You can view step-by-step instructions in our How to Apply for Job Postings section.If you have any questions or experience difficulty in submitting an application, please contact Human Resources at 807-223-1119.
|Open Date||Jan 23 2018||Close Date||Mar 02 2018|
|Position Title||Manager of Community Services||Posting Type||Permanent Full-Time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Dryden Recreation Complex and Operations||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||5 - 7 years|
Manager of Community Services -
Come join our team in beautiful Northwestern Ontario! Our community is located equal distance between Thunder Bay, ON and Winnipeg, MB along the Trans-Canada Highway. The ideal candidate will have an incredible opportunity to make a positive and proactive difference in our community, based on our philosophy of continuous improvement, innovation and exceptional customer service!
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), you will be responsible to develop, initiate, implement, manage, maintain and promote and market plans, programs, and budgets for a variety of community recreation programs, services and facilities including special events and seasonal events at the Dryden Recreation Complex (Arena/Pool & Fitness Center), Skateboard Park, sports facilities/fields (baseball and soccer), the outdoor rink and Aaron Provincial Park. Serves as the liaison between the City and community partners, corporations and volunteers; including the various recreation associations. As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), provides sound advice and detailed recommendations on improving and meeting the needs of the community.
As the ideal candidate you will possess:
- A university degree or equivalent from an accredited post-secondary institution with progressive experience in a recreation management program, leisure studies, business administration; or as a Certified Recreation Facility Professional (CRFP) or suitable equivalent in a related field.
- Five (5) years previous experience in a municipal environment with specific knowledge of and experience in arena and pool operations and managing unionized employees.
- Strong leadership, mentoring and coaching experience in a challenging and ever-changing environment.
- Thorough knowledge of community recreation programs and facilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral including ability to author comprehensive reports and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences with a demonstrated passion for exceptional customer service.
- Sound knowledge and experience of municipal budget planning, forecasting and maintenance related to recreation operations and design considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications such as MSWord, Excel and Outlook and social media platforms.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- Ontario Recreation Facilities Association (ORFA) professional designation related to the position would be a definite asset.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes working evenings and weekends during winter season and special events or programs at all municipally owned and operated recreation facilities.
- Have and maintain a valid Class “G” driver’s license along with current First Aid/CPR certification (or willing to obtain).
Salary to commensurate with qualifications, education and experience. Closing date is February 23rd, 2018.
Personal Information contained on this form is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. Questions with respect to the collection of personal information should be addressed to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator, City of Dryden, 30 Van Horne Avenue, Dryden, ON P8N 2A7 or contact at (807) 223-1125.
Accommodations of persons with disabilities are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance to the Manager of Human Resources or designate.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.